Hope like us, you are as excited as we are about the 009 2Slow4Boston Marathon on April 24th, 2022. Here is the pre-race update information from Team Be @ Peace.
- Packet pickup will be available on Saturday day before from 1:00pm to 6pm at 701 W Poinsett St, Greer SC 29650.
- Please use back parking lot and come around to the porch on front.
- A limited time for packet pickup will also be available the morning of the event from 6:30 to 7:00 am.
- A hotel list is available on this website and via a link on the facebook event page.
- Event parking will be at the Clock Restaurant across the street.
- The parking on the 701 property will be the start/finish/aid station area and it’s reserved for event activities. Please do not park there.
- Important: Please Do NOT Park on the grass or the grassy field behind our property.
- If you are competing for award money, please read the Rules on the website to make sure that you understand how the race works.
- The race course consists of a 1.31 mile loop repeated 20 times (total 26.2). It will be well marked on the road and with signs. Please understand every device is different, therefore you may record a longer or shorter distance.
- There will be a single aid station located at the entrance to the property near the start/finish line. The hydration station will have water, Tailwind and sodas. Please bring your own bottle.
- In keeping up with social distancing guidelines, we will offer prepackage snacks (cookies, chips, PB&J sandwiches, and rollups) and we will have pizza delivered around noon. We will try to accommodate any special needs or request the best we can, however if you have concerns or prefer to bring your own, you are welcome to set up a tray table or chair along the lawn or parking area with your supplies. There will also be a community table available to set things on top.
- During the race, please be mindful that the course is neighborhood roads.
- Although traffic will be light being Sunday, please watch out for vehicles and stay to the left of the road facing traffic.
- Please keep noise down in the early morning hours of the race.
- It is important to keep the course clear of trash. We will have trash bins around the aid station and some neighbors may already have their trash bins out for next morning pickup.
- In addition, our next door neighbors are now a Hispanic Baptist Church and they may be using some additional parking around the back of both properties.
- We will have a quick meeting to go over last minute details before the start of the event.
- The race will start promptly on Sunday morning at 7:30am.
- Your safety and wellbeing is always our #1 priority!
- Although by now, social distancing guidelines are being relaxed and most of you, like us, have already received your vaccinations, for the sake of those who have not, we encourage you to continue to practice social distancing and wear a mask at any time that you feel is needed!
If there is anything else I think about, I’ll communicate it again before Saturday, in addition to updating this page.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have by sending a me message using our contact form.
An Endurance Team Be@Peace Challenge
PS: Kuddos to the event sponsors that have helped us make this event possible. Friends of 2Slow4Boston: Run In, the Clock of Greer Restaurant, Angel Dolfyn Massage, Zenergy Hemp Shoppe, Artistik Dreamlife Design Studio, and 3CatsWeb.com.